amish pie crust
Ingredients For amish pie crust
1 1/2 cflour + 3 tablespoons
- PLACE THE FLOUR AND SALT IN AN 8 INCH PIE PAN
- MAKE A WELL WITH THE FLOUR AND SALT MIXTURE IN THE PAN
- MIX IN A MEASURING CUP THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
1/2 ccanola oil
- WISK THE OIL AND MILK TO BLEND AND ADD TO THE WELL AREA IN THE FLOUR MIXTURE IN THE PAN.
- IF YOU FIND THE PLIABILITY OF THE DOUGH TOO DRY OR TOO WET COMPENSATE WITH MILK. KEEP IN MIND HUMIDITY DOES COME INTO PLAY HERE.
How To Make amish pie crust
1I mix this with a fork at the beginning until it gets like a play dough consistency then begin kneading in the pan to complete the mixing.
2Once mixed begin patting to the sides and the bottom of the pan taking care to not get it too thick in any areas, It should be pressed to be somewhat level.
3Now just as you would a rolled pie crust you can press the top edge to form that pretty edge or just leave it straight across. Your preference!
4Either bake empty and fill later or fill now with your choice of filling.
5If your baking just the pie crust alone bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Last Step: Don't forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don't forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!