Light as a Cloud Creme de Menthe Pie
How to Make Light as a Cloud Creme de Menthe Pie
- 1Melt marshmallows in Crème de Menthe; Cool thoroughly.
- 2Fold in whipped cream.
- 3Put in graham cracker crust.
- 4Chill overnight – or at least 2 hours.
- 5* Don’t be tempted to put in more than ½ cup. If you do it will be too liquidly; too strong; and it won’t set up good.
- 6HINT: If you put the bowl and beaters that you will use for whipping the whipped cream in the freezer for a little bit, the beaters and bowl will be nice and cold and the whip cream will whip up nicely.
- 7A bottle of liqueur lasts me forever -as the pies are the only recipes I use it in. Of course Creme de Menthe has a cool, minty flavor; Chambord is a Raspberry liqueur; Kahlua is like an iced coffee with cream -you can buy strawberry, cherry and other flavors as well. ENJOY!!!!!
- 8NOTE: To make this non-alcoholic, replace the crème de Menthe with 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons (taste after adding 1-1/2 teaspoons) of Peppermint or Spearmint extract added to 1/2 cup half-n-half or unwhipped whipping cream, then proceed with the recipe.