Vanilla Yogurt - Machine
How to Make Vanilla Yogurt - Machine
- 1Take yogurt starter out of refrigerator and set aside to bring to room temperature. I use a container of Fage plain yogurt.
- 2Put milk into small saucepan and bring to barely a boil. Allow to slowly reduce (tiny amounts to wick away) to 4 cups, whisking frequently. I use organic milk but any fresh milk will work.
- 3Add vanilla and Sweetener, whisking well to incorporate. I use sucralose no calorie Sweetener from Walmart.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool down to room temperature.
- 5When cooled to about 80 degrees Fahrenheit, or less, add the yogurt starter and gently whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- 6Place into jars and put into yogurt machine. Do not cap the jars. Turn on machine and run for 12 to 24 hours.
- 7When completed, cap the jars and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 8Enjoy as is or mix in chopped chocolate bits or fresh fruit.