★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 8 oz
- block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- frozen pecan pie, thawed** (see step 2.)
- caramel ice cream topping
- chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Turtle Trifle
- 1Beat cream cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla with a mixer for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and firm. Set aside.
- 2Cut mostly thawed pecan pie into 1 inch cubes. (**If it's just barely still frozen, it will cut much better!)
- 3In a trifle dish, clear bowl, or even a 13 x 9" baking dish, place 1/2 of the piece cubes in the bottom. Top with 1/2 of the whipped cream mixture. Drizzle with the caramel & chocolate fudge toppings. Sprinkle 1/2 of the pecans over all. Repeat.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1-8 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.