Tropical Cheesecake Bars
It's the perfect treat, rich, creamy and full of flavor with lovely textures; absolutely decadent.
·1 1/4 cups flour
·1/3 cup sugar
·1/4 cup toasted coconut
·1/2 tbsp freshly grated blood orange zest
·1/2 cup sweet butter
·8 ounces cream cheese, softened
·1/4 cup sugar
·1 large egg
·1 1/2 tablespoon blood orange juice
·1/2 cup candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
·1/8 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
·1/8 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
How to Make Tropical Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crumb mixture: In a small bowl, add the flour, sugar, toasted coconut, orange zest and butter.
- Using a blender, beat on low speed 2 minutes until well mixed.
- You will want 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture for later use.
- Gently press the crumb mixture into a dry 8" square pan, to form the crust layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Set aside to cool until needed.
- Cream cheese filling: Combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg and orange juice in a small bowl: and with your blender beat until smooth and creamy.
Now stir in the candied pineapple, candied ginger and macadamia nuts, mix well.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust and sprinkle the reserved crumbs over top.
Place the pan back into the oven for 20 - 30 minutes longer.
- Cool completely, cut into squares and store in the fridge in a covered container.