Sweet Potato Custard
Prep time, does not include refrigeration time.
- prep time, does not include refrigeration time
- 4 medium
- sweet potatoes (6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar (packed)*
- 1/4 c
- orange juice, fresh or from concentrate
- 4 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- plain low-fat yogurt
- *diabetics use a brown sugar substitute, if needed
How to Make Sweet Potato Custard
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes, until soft, about 45 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2Remove potato pulp from skin, and place in a medium bowl. Add sugar and juices. Beat with electric mixer or whisk, until sugar is dissolved and potatoes are light. Fold in yogurt.
- 3Transfer mixture to custard cups. Refrigerate, until cold, 1 hour. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition: 189 cal, 4.4 g fat (.5 g sat), 3 mg chol, 50 mg sod, 3.7 g fiber.