Strawberry & Rhubarb Cobbler
FRUIT MIXTURE :
4 1/2 crhubarb
1 1/2 cstrawberries
2 Tbspquick cooking tapioca
1 tspgrated orange peel
COBBLER CRUST :
1 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1egg , lightly beaten
How to Make Strawberry & Rhubarb Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prep the rhubarb by trimming the ends , cut away the poisonous leaves , trim away the outside stringy layer then Cut the rhubarb stalks into 1" pieces.
- Stem and slice the strawberries.
- In a bowl combine the rhubarb and strawberries with the sugar , tapioca and orange zest , mix up tell all is coated. Set aside on your counter and let this mixture sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- To make the crust , combine the sugar , flour baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender , Cut the butter in till it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve topped with whip cream.