Pure Bliss Autumn Doughnuts
They are more of a cake doughnut, with a light sweetness and wonderful autumn spices.
Eat warm. Any leftovers? Re-heat in microwave for 10 seconds. YUMMMMM !
- 1/4 c
- butter flavored shortening
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 c
- 3 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1 qt
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- pumpkin pie spice
How to Make Pure Bliss Autumn Doughnuts
- 1In a large bowl combine shortening & 1 cup sugar, beat until light, approximately 4 minutes. Add eggs, beat well, add apple juice concentrate and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- 2In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- 3Add flour mixture to apple juice mixture; beat until just blended ( the dough will be soft)
- 4On a baking sheet, place a sheet of parchment paper; place dough on parchment.
- 5Lightly flour dough and using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/2 inch thickness. Top with a layer of plastic wrap
- 6Refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- 7Remove dough from refrigerator and cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter. Re-pat leftover dough into a 1/2 inch thickness and cut out more doughnuts.
- 8Place cut out dough onto fresh parchment paper.
- 9In a large pot, heat oil. Bring to a temperature of 325 degrees. While temperature is heating, line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- 10Place dough, approximately 4 at a time into hot oil. The dough will sink, and then rise. When dough rises, check them, if they are golden, flip doughnuts over; fry for approximately 35 seconds more ( till gently golden )
- 11Remove from oil, using a slotted spoon, place doughnuts on paper towels. Repeat, until all doughnuts are cooked.
- 12Dip doughnuts into sugar- spice mix, coat thoroughly.
- 13Bite, Eat and Enjoy the Bliss !!!!!!!!!