Pure Bliss Autumn Doughnuts
They are more of a cake doughnut, with a light sweetness and wonderful autumn spices.
Eat warm. Any leftovers? Re-heat in microwave for 10 seconds. YUMMMMM !
1/4 cbutter flavored shortening
1/3 capple juice concentrate
3 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice
1 qtvegetable oil
1 1/2 Tbsppumpkin pie spice
How to Make Pure Bliss Autumn Doughnuts
- In a large bowl combine shortening & 1 cup sugar, beat until light, approximately 4 minutes. Add eggs, beat well, add apple juice concentrate and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- Add flour mixture to apple juice mixture; beat until just blended ( the dough will be soft)
- On a baking sheet, place a sheet of parchment paper; place dough on parchment.
- Lightly flour dough and using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/2 inch thickness. Top with a layer of plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter. Re-pat leftover dough into a 1/2 inch thickness and cut out more doughnuts.
- Place cut out dough onto fresh parchment paper.
- In a large pot, heat oil. Bring to a temperature of 325 degrees. While temperature is heating, line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Place dough, approximately 4 at a time into hot oil. The dough will sink, and then rise. When dough rises, check them, if they are golden, flip doughnuts over; fry for approximately 35 seconds more ( till gently golden )
- Remove from oil, using a slotted spoon, place doughnuts on paper towels. Repeat, until all doughnuts are cooked.
- Dip doughnuts into sugar- spice mix, coat thoroughly.
- Bite, Eat and Enjoy the Bliss !!!!!!!!!