Pumpkin Custard with Pumpkin Vanilla Creme
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Move over pumpkin pie... you've been replaced on my holiday table with this amazing custard! It's relatively quick and easy to make which is great during the holidays. I guarantee this will be devoured in minutes! The Test Kitchen
1 cfresh or canned pumpkin puree, drained
1egg, beaten slightly
1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spices
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 cevaporated milk
1 pkgmolasses or gingersnap cookies (soft baked)
6 Tbspfrench vanilla flavored cool whip topping
How to Make Pumpkin Custard with Pumpkin Vanilla Creme
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- Combine pumpkin with egg, sugar, salt, spices and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in milk, then pour mixture into custard cups.
- Set cups in a shallow pan of hot water and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Crumble molasses or gingersnap cookies and fold the cookie pieces into the custard.
- Mix a pinch of pumpkin pie spice into the French Vanilla flavored Cool Whip and add a dollop on top of the custard. Top with another molasses or gingersnap cookie and serve warm.