Portokalopita - Greek - Sweet Orange Pie
This versatile treat can be served warm, or cold with or without ice cream.
Please Note: Time is not included for filo pastry to dry out.
·12 sheets phyllo pastry
·250 g greek yogurt, strained
·1 cup sugar
·2 tablespoons baking powder
·200 - 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
·600 ml water
·250 g sugar
·2 oranges, zest of
How to Make Portokalopita - Greek - Sweet Orange Pie
- Leave the sheets of filo pastry out, separated and uncovered, to dry for a few hours.
- Crumble the sheets of filo.
- Put the olive oil and eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk well with a metal whisker.
- Add the yogurt, sugar and baking powder and continue whisking until you have a smooth cream.
- Add the crumbled filo pastry and mix in well with your hands.
- Put in an oven dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until it turns a golden color.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup – boil the syrup ingredients in a pan for 5 minutes.
- After the pie is cold, cut into portions and spread the warm syrup on top.