Pecan Spice Scones
4 call purpose flour
4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspcream of tartar
3/4 ccold butter (no substitutions)
1 largeegg, separated
1 1/2 cpumpkin spice non-dairy liquid creamer
1/2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Spice Scones
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolk and creamer; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead 10 times. Don't overmix or dough will be tough.
- Pat into a large circle leaving dough 1 1/2- 2 inches thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Separate and place on prepared sheet. (If desired, divide dough into2 portions. Pat each portion into 7 inch circles. Cut each portion into 8 wedges. This will make for smaller thinner scones but more quantity.)
- Add a teaspoon of water to egg white, brush over tops of scones; sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.