Pecan Spice Scones
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 3/4 c
- cold butter (no substitutions)
- 1 large
- egg, separated
- 1 1/2 c
- pumpkin spice non-dairy liquid creamer
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Spice Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolk and creamer; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- 4Turn dough onto floured surface and knead 10 times. Don't overmix or dough will be tough.
- 5Pat into a large circle leaving dough 1 1/2- 2 inches thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Separate and place on prepared sheet. (If desired, divide dough into2 portions. Pat each portion into 7 inch circles. Cut each portion into 8 wedges. This will make for smaller thinner scones but more quantity.)
- 6Add a teaspoon of water to egg white, brush over tops of scones; sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
- 7Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.