Peaches and Cream Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
one-3 oz pkgvanilla pie/pudding filling (not instant), dry
3 Tbspbutter, softened
one-29 oz can(s)sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved
one-8 oz pkgcream cheese, softened
1 Tbspsugar (optional)
1 tspcinnamon (optional)
How to Make Peaches and Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease sides and bottom of a 10-inch deep dish pie pan. Set aside. (I have used a 9x9-inch glass baking dish and adjusted baking time)
- In a large bowl add flour, salt, baking powder and dry vanilla pudding; mix until well combined. Add melted butter, egg and milk; beat for 2 minutes with mixer. Pour into pie pan and smooth out evenly. Arrange peaches slices on top.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy; add 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tbsp of reserved peach syrup. Beat 2 minutes. Spoon over peaches to within one inch of pan edge.
- OPTIONAL: Mix together 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle on top before baking.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Chill 4 hours or overnight before serving.