Pav: A Fruity Meringue Creation
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- egg whites
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- sugar or splenda
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- whipped cream, sweetened (optional)
- 3 c
- fruit of choice (i love berries!)
How to Make Pav: A Fruity Meringue Creation
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Outline a circle in the center of the parchment paper about 9-inch around.
- 2Beat egg whites until just barely stiff. Add sugar slowly (one tablespoon at a time). Beat until glossy. Fold in vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- 3For presentation purposes put into a piping bag and swirl around the circle drawn in the parchment paper. If you are just eating it, spooning it into the center and working the mixture to the outside edge is much easier. Both methods should leave a depression in the center of the meringue pile.
- 4Bake for an hour at 300. Cool completely. Serve with fruit and whipped cream in the depression.