Oreo Cookies and Cream Dessert
- 1 box
- instant vanilla pudding mix--6 serving size
- 16 oz
- whipped cream cheese
- 3 c
- milk (whole for richest flavor)
- 12 oz
- cool whip (large container)
- 2 pkg
- oreo cookies (plain, not extra cream)
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted (1 stick)
- 8 oz
- cool whip (optional!)
How to Make Oreo Cookies and Cream Dessert
- 1put cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Gradually add 1 cup of the milk until smooth, then add the pudding mix and the remaining milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in large container of Cool Whip.
- 2Place 1 and 1/2 package of Oreo cookies in a gallon zip lock bag, remove most air and seal. With a rolling pin gently tap the cookies until they are crushed into chunky pieces (a cookie is split into 4-5 pieces, for example). Put into a bowl, add the butter and toss until well-coated.
- 3Starting with the cookie mix, build layers of cookies and cream, ending with cream. This looks great if done in a glass or clear bowl.
- 4If desired, top with another 8 oz container of Cool Whip and decorate with the remaining half package of whole Oreos, if they're not already eaten!
- 5THIS DESSERT IS MUCH BETTER WHEN REFRIGERATED FOR 10-12 HOURS BEFORE SERVING.