Oreo Cookies and Cream Dessert
1 boxinstant vanilla pudding mix--6 serving size
16 ozwhipped cream cheese
3 cmilk (whole for richest flavor)
12 ozcool whip (large container)
2 pkgoreo cookies (plain, not extra cream)
1/2 cbutter, melted (1 stick)
8 ozcool whip (optional!)
How to Make Oreo Cookies and Cream Dessert
- put cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Gradually add 1 cup of the milk until smooth, then add the pudding mix and the remaining milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in large container of Cool Whip.
- Place 1 and 1/2 package of Oreo cookies in a gallon zip lock bag, remove most air and seal. With a rolling pin gently tap the cookies until they are crushed into chunky pieces (a cookie is split into 4-5 pieces, for example). Put into a bowl, add the butter and toss until well-coated.
- Starting with the cookie mix, build layers of cookies and cream, ending with cream. This looks great if done in a glass or clear bowl.
- If desired, top with another 8 oz container of Cool Whip and decorate with the remaining half package of whole Oreos, if they're not already eaten!
- THIS DESSERT IS MUCH BETTER WHEN REFRIGERATED FOR 10-12 HOURS BEFORE SERVING.