New Jersey Salted Caramel
How to Make New Jersey Salted Caramel
- 1In a saucepan, place sugar. Heat at medium to high heat. When it starts to liquefy, whisk.
- 2Continuously whisk until dark amber.
- 3Remove from heat, temporarily. Add butter. You may choose to dice butter first at your option. Whisk until blended.
- 4Add rum or bourbon and salt. Whisk. Whisk until salt no longer appears gradient. Place on stove at low heat.
- 5Add cream. Mix thoroughly. Whisk and allow to reduce on stove to desired thickness.