*Mashed Potato Doughnuts*
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These doughnuts are remarkably light. This is a really easy (and tasty!) recipe. From now on, I'm going to make sure I make extra mashed potatoes just so I have leftovers! The Test Kitchen
How to Make *Mashed Potato Doughnuts*
- 1In a large bowl, beat 3 eggs well.
- 2Beat in sugar and soft shortening.
- 3Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and mashed potato.
- 4Chill dough for 1 hour.
- 5Shape doughnuts and deep fry.
- 6Glaze doughnuts or sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar when just out of the fryer.