LUSCIOUS COCONUT CHEESECAKE BARS
Recipe & Photo: Better Homes & Gardens
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 craw chip coconut (or regular shredded)
3/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 tspfinely shredded orange peel
1/4 c(1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 pkg(8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1/4 corange juice
1mango, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
How to Make LUSCIOUS COCONUT CHEESECAKE BARS
- Spread the coconut in a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered in a preheated 350-degree oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Cool.
- For crust, place 2 tsp. of the roasted coconut in the bowl of a food processor. Transfer remaining coconut to a bowl; cover and set aside. To the food processor add graham cracker crumbs, the 2 Tbsp. sugar, and the orange peel. Gradually add melted butter, processing with on-off turns until mixture begins to come together.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, the 1/3 cup sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Add orange juice, beat until smooth. Stir in egg. Pour mixture over baked crust. Bake about 15 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars. Spoon on mango and sprinkle with reserved roasted coconut.