- 1 1/2 c
- self rising flour
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- egg slightly beaten
- 1 pinch
- milk (just enough to moisten batter)
- wilton food gel to tint (optinal)
How to Make Irish Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Beat the egg into cooled melted butter.Add remaining ingredients with just
enough milk to make batter moist not runny.
- 2Spoon batter into a (six scone)non stick scone pan.
Bake for 17-20 minutes.Scones dont rise much do not over brown.
- 3Variations,tint batter green for St. Patrick's day
Pink or red for Mother's day.Can add C raisins, chopped nuts or mini chocolate chips or extract flavoring of your choice.