Irish Cream Toffee Scones
1 Tbspground flax seed (optional)
4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspcream of tartar
3/4 ccold butter, no substitutions
1 largeegg, separated
11/2 cbailey's irish cream coffee creamer
1 cheath bits 'o brickle toffee bits
How to Make Irish Cream Toffee Scones
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolk and creamer; stir into dry ingredients JUST UNTIL MOISTENED! Do NOT over stir!
- Fold in toffee bits.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Divide dough in half; pat each portion into a 7 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges per circle. Separate edges and place on prepared pans.
- Brush each scone lightly with egg white. you make sprinkle with decorative sugar crystals if desired.
- ****each scone has about 346 calories