Irish Cream Toffee Scones
- 4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- ground flax seed (optional)
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 3/4 c
- cold butter, no substitutions
- 1 large
- egg, separated
- 11/2 c
- bailey's irish cream coffee creamer
- 1 c
- heath bits 'o brickle toffee bits
How to Make Irish Cream Toffee Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolk and creamer; stir into dry ingredients JUST UNTIL MOISTENED! Do NOT over stir!
- 4Fold in toffee bits.
- 5Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 10 times. Divide dough in half; pat each portion into a 7 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges per circle. Separate edges and place on prepared pans.
- 6Brush each scone lightly with egg white. you make sprinkle with decorative sugar crystals if desired.
- 8****each scone has about 346 calories