Ireland - Strawberry Flummery
If you don't feel like baking, this colorful make-ahead dessert is just the ticket.
Please note: Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2/3 c
- quick-cooking (not instant) mccann's irish oatmeal, toasted and cooled
- 4 c
- fresh strawberries, hulled
- 5 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy (whipping) cream
- 2/3 c
- plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- irish whiskey
- 1/2 c
- fresh blueberries
How to Make Ireland - Strawberry Flummery
- 1Chill four 8- or 9-ounce stemmed glasses.
- 2To toast the oatmeal: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread it out on a baking sheet. Bake, shaking the pan at 5-minute intervals to prevent burning, for 15 minutes, or until toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3Put the hulled strawberries in a large bowl and mash, or pulse a few times in a food processor. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- 4Whip the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in the yogurt or sour cream, the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar, the whiskey, and oatmeal.
- 5Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the strawberries into the bottom of each glass. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the oatmeal-cream mixture over the berries. Repeat the layers.
- 6Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or until set. At serving time, divide the blueberries on top of each.