Homemade Candied Cherries
I've kept a jar round about a year in the fridge & still good!
THIS RECIPE IS PER 1 CUP OF CHERRIES, ADJUST ACCORDING TO HOW MANY CUPS OF CHERRIES YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH.
1 cpitted cherries, tart
1/2 tspalmond extract
TO MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP W/ SUGAR
TO MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP W/ STEVIA
How to Make Homemade Candied Cherries
- In a bowl, stir together cherries & almond extract.
- Scoop or pour about ¾ cups of the cherries into a ½ pint mason jar. Do not pack cherries in; they should fill almost to the top.
- Next, make your simple syrup. Mix sugar or Stevia and water in pot or sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low, stirring often, 3-5 min’s for sugar, and 1 min for Stevia. Remove from burner & let it cool for 2-3 min’s.
- Pour simple syrup into jar over cherries 'til full, I like to give it a few seconds, then give the jar a little shake to remove air bubbles, and top it off.
- Put lids on hand-tight and let sit on counter 'til completely cool.
- Refrigerate& enjoy!