10-15sheets of phyllo (ready made pastry)
2 calmonds, blanched
1 csweet butter, melted
make asyrup with the following:
·few pieces of lemon or orange rind
1 or 2 stickcinnamin
How to Make GREEK BAKLAVA
- CHOP almonds.
SPRAY 9X13 baking dish with pan spray.
HEAT OVEN 300
- LINE dish with 2 phillo sheets.
BASTE lightly with butter.
SPRINKLE with 2-3 tablespoons of chopped almonds.
- PLACE 1 or 2 sheets phillo on top and repeat the process: baste with butter add chopped almonds.
REPEAT until ready for TOP LAYER then use 3 sheets, no not put almonds on top,
- BASTE top layer with butter.
SCORE with the point of a sharp knife in squares or diamond shapes.
- BAKE for 50 minutes, check, increase temp 350 continue baking until golden.
- BOIL honey, sugar, water, rinds, cinnamon TO MAKE A SYRUP, THEN remove rinds and cinnamin.
POUR over baklava, let cool, then cut the squares or diamond shapes.