Gluten Free French Bread .. in under an hour!
- 2 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- water, warm
- 2 c
- all purpose/gluten free flour
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- dry milk powder
- 2 tsp
- xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- whole eggs + one white for glaze
- 1 tsp
- apple cider vinegar
- sesame seeds - optional
How to Make Gluten Free French Bread .. in under an hour!
- 1Mix the yeast/sugar/water in a glass container to proof.
- 2Put flour, cornstarch, dry milk powder, salt & xanthan mixture in large bowl and stir by hand.
- 3In another bowl, mix whole eggs [save white per ingredients]/cider vinegar/butter.
- 4Now, in the large bowl containing Gluten Free flour mixture, add yeast mixture.
Next, add egg mixture.
Beat all until combined ... it will start to get sticky-soft.
Do by hand -- this crawls up the beaters with a hand-mixer.
- 5On a greased cookie sheet (large),spoon bread dough into 2 loaves.
If really sticky (mine was),put water on hands to form loaves.
Brush with the egg white you saved -- all nice and beaten foamy!
Cut slits across the bread.
Optional - sprinkle with Sesame Seeds
- 6Put into a COLD oven.
Set temp. to 425 deg.F and bake for 30-35 min.
IF it starts to brown too much, cover with foil.
- 7Remove to a rack to cool ...
Says 10 min.to cool ..... well, it smells too darn good to let it sit there!
Pull off a hunk .. add butter or dip in Olive oil w/herbs!
( this recipe is based on what Sonja Stewart posted on her site; it is not exactly the same )
* credit goes to: Sonja Stewart at: <a href="wisebread.com/frugal-gluten-free-liv... rel="nofollow">www.wisebread.com/frugal-gluten-free-living-french-bread-...</a>
Great toast; fantastic egg/cheese/bacon 'biscuits' for breakfast !