Experimental Dessert after watching The Hippie Gourmet on PBS
How to Make Experimental Dessert after watching The Hippie Gourmet on PBS
- Peel and core apples. Slice into small quarters (small enough to fit small fork or spoon)
- Add about 2 tablespoons butter to heavy pan over outdoor grill. When melted, add apples. Heat well, but retain some firmness. Test with knife.
- Add figs.
- Add brown sugar to create a caramel sauce.
- Add splash of sherry on top.
- Mixture should be hot and bubbly and will thicken.
- Transfer compote to heating unit to keep warm.