Experimental Dessert after watching The Hippie Gourmet on PBS
How to Make Experimental Dessert after watching The Hippie Gourmet on PBS
- 1Peel and core apples. Slice into small quarters (small enough to fit small fork or spoon)
- 2Add about 2 tablespoons butter to heavy pan over outdoor grill. When melted, add apples. Heat well, but retain some firmness. Test with knife.
- 3Add figs.
- 4Add brown sugar to create a caramel sauce.
- 5Add splash of sherry on top.
- 6Mixture should be hot and bubbly and will thicken.
- 7Transfer compote to heating unit to keep warm.