☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·•2 cups rolled oats
·•1 cup shredded coconut
·•2 cups natural peanut butter
·•1/2 cup pure maple syrup
·•3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
·•3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
·•3 tablespoons white chia seeds, ground
·•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to Make Energy Bites
- Mix vanilla extract with peanut butter and maple syrup and set aside.
- Use a food processor to gently pulse walnuts and oats, then add chia seeds.
- Pulse gently to combine and then pour the dry mixture into the peanut butter mixture and fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Note: Use a coffee grinder to grind up the chia seeds; you can add them whole, but they do get stuck in your teeth, so grinding is preferred. (Just omit this ingredient if you can't find them or don't have them on hand.)
- Gently press together into a bite-size ball. Makes about 25 bites.
- As info: Kate Murray is certified in plant-based nutrition and the author of "A Silent Cure in My Back Yard." Find more recipes at: asilentcure.org.