Jell-O use to make chocolate flavored Jell-O... Knox made the same thing by giving cooks the recipe to make it themselves.... Here is a version for the modern day version of Knox Blocks...
*** You can also make it using cold and hot coffee for a mocca flavor.
*** Another version is with white chocolate
*** Yet another version is instead of water, add milk.
- envelopes of knox unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 c
- cold water
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1/3 c
- 2 c
- (12 ounces) chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate "Jell-O"
- 1In an electric blender: Blend together cold water and gelatin for 1 minute on low speed. Let stand 5-7 minutes. Add boiling water. Add Sugar. Blend 2 minutes on low speed (longer if gelatin isn't all dissolved).
- 2Blending on low speed, slowly add in the chocolate chips, blend until creamy.
- 3Pour creamy mixture into a square pan. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. You can use cookie cutter to cut desired shapes, or just cut into squares. Serve.