Chocolate Almond Trifle
- 1 pkg
- jello instant chocolate pudding 3.4 oz. pkg
- 2 c
- cold milk
- 8 oz. carton cool whip (thawed)
- 12 slice pkg almond toast (stella d'oro)
- 1/2 c
- amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 c
- sliced almonds
- cocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Almond Trifle
- 1Prepare Jello Instant pudding according to directions using the 2 cups of milk. Set aside.
In a clear glass bowl, cover bottom with a layer of Cool Whip.
Pour amaretto into a shallow dish and dip both sides of almond toast into amaretto.
Place almond toast pieces into Cool Whip, pushing down.
Spoon on a layer of chocolate pudding over almond toast.
Repeat layers until all toast is used.
Top layer should be Cool Whip.
Sprinkle Cool Whip with cocoa powder and then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- 2Note: The number of slices of toast in each layer will depend on the size of the bowl you use. Also, you may make this a truly low-cal recipe by using Jello Sugar Free Pudding, skim milk, and fat free Cool Whip! For non-alcoholic preparation, you may use strong coffee with almond extract added.