Chewy Oat Bars
I got this recipe from a Woman's Day magazine.
2 stickbutter, unsalted
1/2 cgranulated sugar
5 cquick cooking oats
1/3 csunflower seeds
1 calmonds, unsalted & roughly chopped
1/2 cgolden raisins
How to Make Chewy Oat Bars
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake 30 - 35 minutes.
- Line a 9x13-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Leave a 2 in. overhang on the two long sides
- Place the butter, honey & sugar in a large pot and cook over medium-low heat until melted, about 3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, craisins, raisins and flour. Add the oat mixture to the butter mixture & fold until just combined. Gently press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until light golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack & let cool completely. Transfer the bar to a cutting board and cut into pieces.