I have made this recipe a few times and everyone quests and family have loved it. It is one of those old tried and true recipes. Really easy to make and quite a show stopper. Enjoy!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 16 oz. can pitted dark sweet cherries
·1/4 cup sugar
·2 tbsp cornstarch
·1/4 cup brandy, kirsch, or cherry brandy (i use the cherry brandy)
·vanilla ice cream
How to Make Cherries Jubilee
- Drain cherries reserving syrup
- Add cold water to syrup to make one cup
- In a saucepan blend sugar and cornstarch; gradually add syrup water mixture, mixing well.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from Heat; stir in cherries.
- Turn mixture into a blazer pan of a chafing dish.
- Set pan over hot water (Bain-Marie).
- Heat brandy in a small saucepan. (if desired pour heated brandy into a large ladle) Ignite and pour over the cherry mixture.
- Stir to blend brandy into the sauce.
- Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 6-8
- Note Indoors or outdoors: create showmanship and style by flaming classic Cherries Jubilee. The luscious dark sweet cherries, couched in a brandy- flavoured sauce, are ladled over mounds of vanilla ice cream.