I have made this recipe a few times and everyone quests and family have loved it. It is one of those old tried and true recipes. Really easy to make and quite a show stopper. Enjoy!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 16 oz. can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brandy, kirsch, or cherry brandy (i use the cherry brandy)
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make Cherries Jubilee
- 1Drain cherries reserving syrup
- 2Add cold water to syrup to make one cup
- 3In a saucepan blend sugar and cornstarch; gradually add syrup water mixture, mixing well.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 5Remove from Heat; stir in cherries.
- 6Turn mixture into a blazer pan of a chafing dish.
- 7Set pan over hot water (Bain-Marie).
- 8Heat brandy in a small saucepan. (if desired pour heated brandy into a large ladle) Ignite and pour over the cherry mixture.
- 9Stir to blend brandy into the sauce.
- 10Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream.
- 11Serves 6-8
- 12Note Indoors or outdoors: create showmanship and style by flaming classic Cherries Jubilee. The luscious dark sweet cherries, couched in a brandy- flavoured sauce, are ladled over mounds of vanilla ice cream.