Bowden Blondies with caramel, apples & Walnuts
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 3 or 4 pinch
- nutmeg, ground
- 2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- sunflower or canola oil
- extra large /jumbo eggs
- egg yolks
- 4 c
- apples, granny smith peeled, cored, and diced
- divide apples in half
- 1 bag(s)
- soft caramels (you will need 30)
- 5 1/2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- butter flavored shortning /cooking spray
How to Make Bowden Blondies with caramel, apples & Walnuts
- 11. Use hand mixer to beat brown sugar, oil, eggs, and egg yolk smooth
- 22. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 33. Use hand mixer to combine flour mix, and sugar mix until completely blended. *Dough is stiff*
- 44. Fold in 2 C. of the diced, peeled granny Smith apples, and roasted (you can use unroasted) walnuts.
- 55. Turn oven to 350°f to preheat.
- 66. Grease with shortening, or spray with no stick the sides, and bottom of (2) 8x8 glass baking dishes. Wipe excess shortening off.
- 77. Dived dough into 3 equal parts. Press 1 portion of dough into each pan, reserving the last portion.
- 88. Melt caramels into heavy cream. Stir constantly with wooden spoon! Will burn quickly!!
- 99. Drizzle melted caramel equally over the dough pressed into the 2 pans.
- 1010. Crumble remaining dough over caramel, and pressed dough.
- 1111. Garnish top with remaining peeled, diced apple pieces.
- 1313. Cool completely on cooling rack. I usually do an hour on the rack.
- 14Cut each pan into 6 servings. Can be plated, popped into the microwave for 25 seconds, and served with ice cream for a là mode.