Bowden Blondies with caramel, apples & Walnuts
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 3/4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspcinnamon, ground
3 or 4 pinchnutmeg, ground
2 cbrown sugar
1 csunflower or canola oil
2extra large /jumbo eggs
4 capples, granny smith peeled, cored, and diced
·divide apples in half
1 bag(s)soft caramels (you will need 30)
5 1/2 Tbspheavy cream
·butter flavored shortning /cooking spray
How to Make Bowden Blondies with caramel, apples & Walnuts
- 1. Use hand mixer to beat brown sugar, oil, eggs, and egg yolk smooth
- 2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 3. Use hand mixer to combine flour mix, and sugar mix until completely blended. *Dough is stiff*
- 4. Fold in 2 C. of the diced, peeled granny Smith apples, and roasted (you can use unroasted) walnuts.
- 5. Turn oven to 350°f to preheat.
- 6. Grease with shortening, or spray with no stick the sides, and bottom of (2) 8x8 glass baking dishes. Wipe excess shortening off.
- 7. Dived dough into 3 equal parts. Press 1 portion of dough into each pan, reserving the last portion.
- 8. Melt caramels into heavy cream. Stir constantly with wooden spoon! Will burn quickly!!
- 9. Drizzle melted caramel equally over the dough pressed into the 2 pans.
- 10. Crumble remaining dough over caramel, and pressed dough.
- 11. Garnish top with remaining peeled, diced apple pieces.
- 13. Cool completely on cooling rack. I usually do an hour on the rack.
- Cut each pan into 6 servings. Can be plated, popped into the microwave for 25 seconds, and served with ice cream for a là mode.