Caramel Apple Bars
These are VERY GOOD! If you like caramel apples you must try these!!
I will post a photo after I bake them.
I prefer to use Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch/Caramel ice cream topping, I think it is the best tasting in this dessert. BUT you use your favorite topping.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cquick oatmeal
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 cbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 ccaramel ice cream topping or butterscotch caramel
2 cchoppled apples
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Caramel Apple Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10 pan.
- Melt butter. Combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and melted butter. Mix until crumbly.
- Press half of this mixture into greased pan. Set aside remainder. Bake 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine caramel and 1/2 cup flour. Bring to a boil, stir constantly. Still stirring, boil for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Spread apples and nuts on the baked crust.
- Pour hot caramel mixture evenly over apples and nuts. Sprinkle reserved crumbly oat mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan. Then cut into bars. Refrigeration makes cutting easier.
Store tightly covered.