How to Make Butternut Squash Tarts
- Once your squash is cooked through, scrape the meat from the skin and place in medium mixing bowl, discard skin.
- Add remaining ingredients to taste (I never measure this, I just mix it up until it tastes good...). Store in refrigerator in airtight container until ready to use.
- When ready to make, preheat oven to 400 and Soften pie crust according to package directions.
- Cut 12 3 inch diameter circles in each crust for a total of 24 mini pie crusts. Place each in a mini muffin tin and press into well.
- Into each pie crust place 1/4 of a caramel and 1 tbsp of squash mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let set for 6 minutes. Serve warm.