How to Make Butternut Squash Tarts
- 1Once your squash is cooked through, scrape the meat from the skin and place in medium mixing bowl, discard skin.
- 2Add remaining ingredients to taste (I never measure this, I just mix it up until it tastes good...). Store in refrigerator in airtight container until ready to use.
- 3When ready to make, preheat oven to 400 and Soften pie crust according to package directions.
- 4Cut 12 3 inch diameter circles in each crust for a total of 24 mini pie crusts. Place each in a mini muffin tin and press into well.
- 5Into each pie crust place 1/4 of a caramel and 1 tbsp of squash mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 6Let set for 6 minutes. Serve warm.