Blueberry lemon walnut bread.
1 cshelled walnuts,chopped
2 call-purpose flour(whole wheat)
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 csplendar (sugar)
2 Tbsplemon zest, grated
1 tsppure vanilla extract (or lemon extract
2 Tbspunsalted melted butter
2 Tbspcanola oil
1 cfresh,or frozen blueberries(drain juce out.)
How to Make Blueberry lemon walnut bread.
- Preheat oven to 350*f.
- Spread a single layer of walnuts.
onto a baking sheet.Toast walnuts in preheated oven,for 10-12 minutes(until lightly brown(let it cool)
- Using a whisk, mix the flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a whisk ,mix sugar lemon zest ,and buttermilk,eggs vanilla,melted butter,and oil in a medium bowl.
- POUR liquid ingredients into a pit created in the center of the dry ingredients,and lightly conbine.Take care not to over mix.Introduce chopped walnuts ,and blueberries by folding, into mixture.
- FLOUR and greasean 8"x4" loaf pan.Spread mixture ,intoprepared loaf pan.
- BAKE for 55 minutes to 1 hour(using a toothpick in center of the loaf that it comes clear.When finished baking, let cool for 20 minutes on rack,remove from pan and cool room temperature.
- GLAZE. 3 tablespoons sugar, grandulated (splenda)
2Tablespoons lemon jice.
- TO create glaze ,add sugar an lemon juice, to a small sausepan.BOIL over high heat,then reduce heat, and stir until sugar has diiolved.
- BRUSH on glaze while bread is still warm.AND PEEL STRIGS OF LEMONS AND DECo,over the glaze. ENJOY IT WITH family OR friends, or just share a loaf .make someone happy. Love Grandmmy Maxey