3baking apple (i.e. jonathan, golden delicious
2 can(s)pillsbury big and buttery croissants
2 stickbutter (for healthy recipy- 2 sticks i cant believe its not butter)
1 1/2 csugar (splenda or stevia for healthy)
12 ozmt dew (or diet mt dew for healthy
How to Make Blue Ribbon Apple Dumplings
- peel all three apples and cut into 4 wedges each
- wrap one wedge of apple per croissant. (6 croissants in each can, makes 12 dumplings)divide into 2 9x13 baking dishes (6 in each dish)
- melt butter and add in the sugar (splenda) and cinnamon.
(A simple way to do it is to equally divide everything as if you were making two separate dishes. one stick butter, 3/4ths cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon per 9x13 dish)
- poor butter mixture over each dish. be sure not only to cover the dumplings, but to also have plenty on the bottom of the pan
- split mt dew can in half (6 oz per pan) and take extra caution NOT to poor over dumplings, poor around dumplings. lightly stir the mt dew into the butter mixture.
- bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
serve warm with vanilla ice cream!