1 bag(s)12 oz chocolate chips, semi sweet
1 can(s)14 oz sweetened, condensed milk
1 cand additional 3 tablespoon softened butter
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
2 cquick oats
1 Tbspadditional pure vanilla extract
2 cchopped walnuts divided
How to Make Bliss Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease 13"x9" Pyrex baking dish
- Over medium heat combine chips, milk and butter until melted and smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup walnuts and vanilla. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla---mix well.
- With mixer at low speed add eggs and mix until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- With a spoon, fold in oats, and remaining walnuts.
- Press 1/2 of the dough mixture into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Spread chocolate mixture over dough layer.
- Drop remaining dough mixture on top of chocolate layer and try to spread as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled you can cut into bars, squares, whatever you wish.