11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake ½ cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan until toasted and fragrant, approx. 3-4 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it as they toast quickly.
2. Beat sour cream and next 4 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
3. Stir together flour and next 7 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and ½ cup of toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly press pecans into batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for approx 1 hr or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Shield with aluminum foil after 50 min. to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 min.
5. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly. Boil 1 min, remove from heat and spoon over top of bread, let cool completely (about 1 hr).
Note: To freeze, cool bread completely, wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.