Fruit Dumplings -- Regular (or diabetic)
- apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 pieces (or you can use pears or peaches if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 stick
- margarine or butter
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar (or splenda for diabetic version)
- 6 oz
- mountain dew (or diet sprite or diet 7-up for sugar and caffine free version)
- 1 can(s)
- "pillsbury" crescent rolls
How to Make Fruit Dumplings -- Regular (or diabetic)
- 1Wrap each piece of apple in a triangle of crescent roll.
- 2Space within a 9x9 square baking dish.
- 3Melt butter/margarine in sauce pan.
- 4Add sugar/splenda and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Spoon hot mixture over each dumpling roll.
- 6Pour Mountain Dew/Diet Sprite/Diet 7-Up over all.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla flavored ice milk, ice cream or frozen yogurt.