Yuletide Cranberry Ice
Super tasty and different! I have been thinking of our own JAP "cranberry Queen" Carol Junkins! :)
I got this recipe in 1996 form Mid-West living magazine.
How to Make Yuletide Cranberry Ice
- 1In a medium sauce pan, combine cranberries, sugar and the boiling water. Cook until cranberries Pop. About 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine cold water and gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- 3In a blender or food processor, combine cranberry mix and blend until smooth. Return the mix to saucepan. Stir in the gelatin mix and the ginger ale.
- 4Pour cranberry mix into a 8x8x2 inch pan. Cool to room temperature.
Freeze until mushy.
- 5Transfer the partially frozen mix to a large chilled mixing bowl. Beat until smooth, but not melted.
Return to pan and freeze until serving.
To serve, scoop into dishes or pretty small bowls. Garnish with mint if desired.