Rum Raisin Ice Cream
It was my first attempt to do a custard type of ice cream and I will say it was just delicious.
This is my lady at the gate's Myriam's fav ice cream so I had to give this a go.
- 1 c
- raisins, packed
- 2/3 c
- dark rum
- 8 large
- egg yolks, reserve whites for another use
- 1 c
- 3 c
- whole milk
- 1 1/2 c
- whipping cream
How to Make Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- 2Drain the raisins, reserving 6 tablespoons of rum, and combine 6 tablespoons of rum and raisins back in the same bowl. Reserve the leftover rum for another use.
- 3Wisk the egg yolks and sugar together until well combined.
- 4In a teflon saucier combine the milk and cream and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Gradually add to egg yolk mixture a little at a time, whisking constantly.
- 7Cover, chill.
Cover and chill the rum raisins mixture as well.
When completely chilled add the raisins.
- 8Process in your ice cream machine for recommended amount of time.