Rich Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
I never have been a big ice cream fan, and especially vanilla.
THIS there is no describing how good this it, its rich,creamy, the vanilla beans are just heavenly. As Emeril says it kicks it up a notch!
1 1/2 Tbsplight corn syrup
1 1/2 Tbsphoney
2 stickvanilla beans, split and beans scraped
5 cwhole milk plain yogurt, strained through a cheese cloth for 2 to 4 hrs
1 tsppure vanilla extract
3/4 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Rich Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- Put the corn syrup. honey, water and vanilla beans into a med saucepan. Over med low heat, bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced by about half. Don't cook too long.
- Strain the vanilla pods out.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the strained yogurt, reserved honey reduction, vanilla extract, sugar and salt together.
- Wisk until the sugar has dissolved. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or overnight,
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in mixture, and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The yogurt will have a smooth creamy texture, put in freezer if firmer texture is desired.