- 1/2 c
- coconut milk, unsweetened (canned)
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 slice
- fresh peeled ginger (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1 medium
- fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp
- lime juice
How to Make Pineapple-Coconut Sorbet
- 1Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
- 2Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice.
- 3Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 4Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 5Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
- 6*NOTE:* Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth. Follow step 5.