Peach ice cream made with peach soda
This has a very rich pronounced peachy taste, but the texture is more like sorbet than ice cream.
The editor that submitted the recipe said that this was a recipe from her childhood, but she thought maybe adding the chopped fruit to a cream and a half and half base would be better. I think that was what she meant by my saying it was more like sorbet.
In any event it is delicious.
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 to 9 medium
- ripe peaches
- 1 c
- 36 oz
- nehi peach soda ( i used a store brand and it was fine)
How to Make Peach ice cream made with peach soda
- 1Put the sweetened condensed milk in a food processor.
Peel and slice the peaches, add to the milk.
Add the sugar and puree until the peaches are still in chunks, but small chunks.
- 2Transfer the peach mixture to a large bowl and stir in the peach soda.
- 3At this point I would cover and chill. The directions do not say this, but I think it is a good idea.