★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar or splenda brown sugar
- egg white or
- 1/8 c
- light butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- maple flavoring
- 1/4 c
- corn flakes or nuts or cocoanut flakes
How to Make Maple Frosting
- 1Cook sugar, water, egg white or butter in a double boiler beating constantly until it forms peaks. Remove from heat, add flavoring. Beat until of spreading consistency. Frosts two 8 inch layers. Or one layer pan.
- 2You could add Corn Flakes or nuts or cocoanut flakes in the frosing. Corn Flakes is Dutch or Amish cooking.
- 3Make a plain cake or sugar-free cake use this frosting.