Thai - Lime & Mango Sherbet
You will receive such accolades for this dish. It makes the best smoothies. I can't wait for the summer to enjoy this treat again.
Please note that the cooking time is freezing time.
·1⁄2 cup sugar, superfine
·1⁄2 cup water
·3 limes, finely grated
·2 tablespoons coconut cream, sweet
·2 mangoes, ripe, large, peeled and pitted, coarsely chopped
·2⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed is best
·1 cup mixed berry (blueberries,strawberries, raspberries, garnish) optional
·exotic fruits, your choice - optional
How to Make Thai - Lime & Mango Sherbet
- In a small pan, gently heat the sugar, water and lime rind, until the sugar dissolves about 3 minutes.
- Boil rapidly for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and strain into a bowl.
- Let cool and add the coconut cream, set aside until needed.
- Add the lime juice and chopped mango into a food processor and puree till it is smooth.
- Add the cooled coconut cream mixture into the mango puree, making sure to mix well.
- Pour into a large, freezer proof container and freeze for 1 hour, until slushy in texture.
- Remove the container from the freezer and with an electric mixer break up the ice crystals.
- Then put back in freezer for another hour, remove and again break up with the mixer making sure that the it is smooth.
- Cover the container and place back in the freezer and leave until very firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, remove the sherbet from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- This is wonderful on its own, but it is put over the top with the addition of fresh berries (strawberries/blueberries/raspberries) or your choice of exotic fruits.