Thai - Lime & Mango Sherbet
You will receive such accolades for this dish. It makes the best smoothies. I can't wait for the summer to enjoy this treat again.
Please note that the cooking time is freezing time.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, superfine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 limes, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream, sweet
- 2 mangoes, ripe, large, peeled and pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed is best
- 1 cup mixed berry (blueberries,strawberries, raspberries, garnish) optional
- exotic fruits, your choice - optional
How to Make Thai - Lime & Mango Sherbet
- 1In a small pan, gently heat the sugar, water and lime rind, until the sugar dissolves about 3 minutes.
- 2Boil rapidly for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and strain into a bowl.
- 3Let cool and add the coconut cream, set aside until needed.
- 4Add the lime juice and chopped mango into a food processor and puree till it is smooth.
- 5Add the cooled coconut cream mixture into the mango puree, making sure to mix well.
- 6Pour into a large, freezer proof container and freeze for 1 hour, until slushy in texture.
- 7Remove the container from the freezer and with an electric mixer break up the ice crystals.
- 8Then put back in freezer for another hour, remove and again break up with the mixer making sure that the it is smooth.
- 9Cover the container and place back in the freezer and leave until very firm, about 4 hours.
- 10To serve, remove the sherbet from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- 11This is wonderful on its own, but it is put over the top with the addition of fresh berries (strawberries/blueberries/raspberries) or your choice of exotic fruits.