ICE CREAM LASAGNA
Note that it makes a LOT. Cut it in half if you are serving less than 12 people. It's very rich (and oh SO sinful).
24frozen ice cream sandwiches, divided
16 ozpeanut butter, crunchy
3.9 ozinstant chocolate pudding mix
16 ozfrozen whipped topping
16 ozpeanut butter cups, chopped
12 ozhot fudge ice cream topping, divided
12 ozcaramel ice cream topping, divided
How to Make ICE CREAM LASAGNA
- Line the bottom of a 9x13" pan with 12 ice cream sandwiches.
- Open the jar of peanut butter, place in microwave oven and microwave on low power for about 30 seconds at a time, until the peanut butter is warm and spreads easily. Spread HALF the peanut butter over the layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Mix the instant chocolate pudding mix into the whipped topping; spread half the mixture over the peanut butter layer. Spread HALF the chopped peanut butter cups over the whipped topping layer.
- Remove tops of the hot fudge and caramel topping jars and microwave on low power for about 10 seconds at a time just until the toppings are warmed and liquid. Drizzle HALF the hot fudge and caramel sauces over the peanut butter cups.
- Repeat the layers, starting with the remaining ice cream sandwiches, followed by remaining peanut butter, whipped topping mix, peanut butter cups, hot fudge and caramel sauces.
- Freeze the dessert until solidly frozen -- 1 to 2 hours.
- NOTE: Use the smaller ice cream sandwiches. If you use something like Fat Boys they will be too large. I have used the mini peanut butter cups in this and also Reese's Pieces. They are less messy than cutting up the full-size bars.