1 can(s)sweet condensed milk
1 can(s)evaporated milk
·sugar to taste (i put in xtra due to the freezing)
1 1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
1 boxjunket tablets (this helps the ice cream to freeze)
·whole milk or 2% (i use 2%)
1 ptwhipping cream
How to Make HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
- will need electric ice cream maker, rock salt (ice cream salt), lg. bag of ice (from store)
unwrap junket tablets & place in small bowl, add just enough reg. milk to cover them. let set until ice cream mixture is ready to be put in container.
- in lg bowl, beat eggs until a little frothy, add sugar, vanilla, condensed milk, whipping cream. mix until all combined. taste to see if sweet enough (for you), then add the junket tablet mixture. mix again.
- pour into ice cream container, fill up to line with reg,milk. insert paddle and rotate to make sure the mixture is all combined after pouring milk in.
place lid on container, twisting until locked. place container in bucket (be careful as to not spill the mixture) place motor on top & lock. plug in, start adding the crushed ice all around, then salt, alternating layers until bucket is full. the mixture will automatically shut off when done.
- when ice cream is done, start removing some of the ice & salt then remove motor, being careful as to not lift lid to container (if any salt gets into the ice cream, it will be ruined). lift container & place in sink, using wet cloth, wipe salt & ice from around the container & lid. when that is done, then lift lid & gradually pull out the paddle, scraping off ice cream as you go. (i do this because it is easier to dip the ice cream without the paddle in the container. ice cream will be a little soft so therefore, i put the container in my freezer for about 6 hrs to completely freeze. i make the ice cream a day before you are to serve it.
- i have also made this using crushed strawberries (i mix them with sugar to help sweeten), also peaches, doing the same thing to them. after berries or peaches are sweet, i then add them to the ice cream mixture. if you are using fruit in the mix, then you don't have to fill the container with milk to bring it up to the line.
- i hope i haven't boggled your minds with all these steps. i have made this recipe for yrs. & everyone can't get enough of it. enjoy