Grandma's Coconut Ice Cream
I use to make this all the time , Its very delicious ..course home made ice cream always is...
How to Make Grandma's Coconut Ice Cream
- 1In the top of a double broiler ; Stir together the tapioca and the scalded milk ; Cook for 15 minutes or so until it thickens , Make sure you stir it often. Add 1/4 cup of the sugar during the last few minutes of cooking.
- 2Press mixture through a sieve and Beat in an egg yolk and the vanilla.
- 3Whip egg whites gradually adding the other 1/4 cup of the sugar and the salt.
- 4Fold in the into the tapioca mixture.
- 5Whip the cream until thick and fold in to the mixture.
- 6Fold in the coconut to the mixture.
- 7Pour into two shallow trays or you could use one deep dish and freeze Quickly.