Filipino Mango Ice Cream
This is one of the most popular ice cream in the Philippines, where sweet, juicy mangoes grow in abundance. It is perfect on a sunny afternoon! I hope you will enjoy.
How to Make Filipino Mango Ice Cream
- 1In a bowl, whisk egg yolk and sugar together until light and frothy.
- 2Heat milk until scalding in a heavy-based saucepan, then pour it slowly into egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- 3Strain milk and egg mixture back into pan and place it over heat, stirring all the time, until it thickens. Let cool.
- 4Mash mango flesh with a fork for chunky texture, or put it in an electric blender and whiz to a puree.
- 5Strain cooled custard into a bowl and whisk in whipping cream.
- 6Beat mango puree until thoroughly mixed, then pour into an ice cream maker. Churn until frozen.
- 7Without an Ice Cream Maker - Alternatively, pour mixture into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2-3 hours, beating with a fork periodically (Continue to check the mixture every 30 minutes) and stirring while it freezes to break to ice crystals.
Repeat steps until the ice cream is frozen.