- 1 24 oz
- container of 4% cottage cheese
- 1 1/3 c
- heavy whipping cream (can use half and half or a combination of half and half and heavy cream)
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- ideal sweetener (or splenda)
How to Make Cottage Cheese Ice Cream (Low Carb)
- 1Blend cottage cheese until smooth in food processor or blender (I use my blender) Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- 2Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions for your particular freezer.
- 3This recipe makes 1 quart of ice cream. This ice cream will freeze rock solid when put into the freezer. To make it easier for later serving, I put muffin/cupcake liners in my muffin tins and fill each with 1/4 cup portions and put into the freezer. Once the ice cream is frozen solid, I remove the portions and put into gallon freezer bags. I get 16 servings.